Welcome to the web site of the XXXIX Latin American Computing Conference (CLEI 2013), event which gathers in a unique place multiple conferences and the greatest computing related events.
CLEI is an annual event promoted by the Latin American Center for Computational Studies (Centro Latinoamericano de Estudios en Informática), which gathers researchers, professors, and students from Latin American Universities and Research Centers to discuss research, teaching, and development of computing science in the region.
CLEI 2013 will consist of various activities, including research presentations, workshops, discussion panels, tutorials, contest of master thesis, as well as talks from important personalities of the area.
CLEI 2013 will be held in club Puerto Azul, near the town of Naiguatá, in front of the Venezuelan Caribbean beach. The club is located 32 km from the international airport of Maiquetia and 55 km from the city of Caracas. CLEI is organized by: Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Universidad Simón Bolívar, Universidad Marítima del Caribe, and Universidad Bolivariana de Venezuela.
CLEI 2013 invites papers reporting original contributions or experiences, related with its symposiums or parallel conferences. The event includes several activities such as presentations, tutorials, plenary conferences, forums, etc. The conference is composed by the following seven symposiums:
- Latin American Symposium of Software Engineering
- Latin American Symposium of Informatics and Society
- Latin American Symposium of Operations Research and Artificial Intelligence
- Latin American Symposium of Infrastructure, Hardware, and Software
- Latin American Symposium of Innovative Data Systems
- Latin American Symposium of Theory of Computation
- Latin American Symposium of Computer Graphics, Virtual Reality, and Image Processing
- XXI Iberoamerican Congress on Higher Education in Computing (CIESC-2013)
- XX Latin American Contest of Master Thesis (CLTM-2013)
- V Latin American Women in Computing Congress (LAWCC-2013)
- Venezuelian National Conference in Computing, Informatics, and Systems (CoNCISa 2013)
- School of Informatics
Call for Tutorials
Proposals for tutorials are welcome (half a day or full day) to present research results, the state of the art of a specific topic, or to introduce a topic of industrial or academic interest. The tutorial proposal should be sent in PDF format, through the EasyChair system or by e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. It should include the following information: title of the tutorial, abstract, agenda, duration, target audience, brief CV of the presenters, language of instruction (English, Portuguese, or Spanish), minimum/maximum number of attendants, and resources required.